Saturday, September 29, 2007

Beating a Dead Horse

For three weeks in a row I've heard Romeo Crennel say in press conferences something to the effect of: "some people weren't' where they needed to be on defence, and that's something we need to work on in practice this week." What? I appreciate that each week you see an offensive scheme that is slightly different, but I'm still wondering why, in the 3rd year of this 3-4 with better talent, we're still having so much trouble. Tell me it's in-experience or injuries, but don't tell me they don't know where to line up. If that's still a problem 3 years into a system, there's a problem with one of two things: 1. The coaches don't do a good job teaching the system. 2. The players we've drafted aren't smart enough to learn the system. Maybe it's a combination of both, but I have a feeling it's a lot more of reason #1 than #2. Let's see if practice helped this week, cause we're going to need to stop Baltimore and keep them out of the endzone, because you know we're going to have trouble getting points on the board this week. I'm still taking Cleveland though, 17-16.

No comments: