Monday, October 15, 2007

Happy OctoberFest

So I was in Chicago this weekend for my annual Octoberfest Party. After passing out in full lederhosen with burrito cheese and lettuce stuck to my shirt (don’t remember stopping for food on the way home) I awoke for the showdown with the lowly Miami Dolphins. That damn central standard time gave me only a 6 minute window to get up and get ready for the game. I’m too old to be sleeping until 11:50 AM, but really how could I sleep after the Tribe game. I can honestly say I haven’t felt that hungover for a Browns game since two weeks ago for the Baltimore game after trying to party with Winthorpe, that playboy Todd, and some other Harvard kids.

Anyways, it is usually a good gauge as to how the Browns are playing by how quickly I turn back to the sauce when things start sucking. Well, the Browns quickly got out to a 24-3 lead and things were looking good, and my body was thanking me. All of a sudden, our defense allowed the highly tauted Miami offense led by Cleo MacDowell Lemon, whose buns have no seeds, march up and down the field and bring the game to a three point decision.

And so, I had to turn to my good friend who lives in a 12 ounce brown bottle for the rest of the game. The Browns, and the Miller Brewing company didn’t disappoint. We finally are winning games were supposed to and finishing off teams. 3-3 into the Bye week, and here are some thoughts on the game.

-Someone finally realized if you just throw the ball up high to Braylon Edwards, he is going to get most of the balls. He is playing awesome. Could he be the first Brown since Jamir Miller (Wow that’s sad) to visit Hawaii?

-I must admit, although DA throws the ball into coverage often, he does like to throw when defenders are turned around. And he has the gun to get it there before they get there heads back to the ball. He is really rolling right now. Remember Jeff Garcia's 0 quarterback rating in a game for the Browns. DA had a 150 yesterday. And DA likes woman.

-Watching Joey Porter get burned by Winslow was just awesome. You can now insert your foot into that giant mouth of yours. And remove K2’s stiff arm that is still in your chest from last year when he douched you.

-Did you see Lawrence Vickers block on the kick off return in the second half. He knocked a Dolphin 6 feet in the air. It was the most impressive block I have ever seen. Josh Cribbs is good, but Vickers has been great opening holes for him too.

-On that same note, I bet the guy next to me 10 bucks we give Vickers the ball on 3rd and 1. Granted he got the first, but I am a little concerned that if I can call the plays, defensive coordinators should be able to sniff it out too.

-Welcome Jerome Harrison. The ghost was a “Phantom” menace (bad joke, bad movie). He was tough to tackle, and had a burst that really sparked us when the 'Phins were making there way back in the game.

-What is up with the defense. I don’t think the Dolphins have any other players than Ronnie Brown. We should have been spying him the whole game. Get eight guys in the box, and make Cleo Lemon beat you. I am disgusted with our game plan. Did you notice when Marty Booker or Chambers, not sure, just walked to the middle of our zone for a first down. I love Grantham's fire, but he’s not giving me a lot of confidence right now.

-Another good game for Eric Wright. He is starting to feel his way out there. However, two critiques. One, get your head around to defend the ball. Too many times he is still

No comments: