Thursday, September 13, 2007

You Can't Say we Dont Care

On the day the Browns shipped Charlie Frye to Seattle, an unprecedented number of users were on the message boards bitching, ranting, raving (about Brady Quinn only), and poking fun at an ailing franchise. You can say what you want about Browns fans, (trash, dreamers, circus freaks, losers, etc.) but you can't say we don't care about our team. At some point in the evening, there were close to 2000 users in the water cooler of berniesinsiders.com. There was some memorable chatter including next years head coach, Romeo's IQ and weight, suicide notes, etc. The funniest of the bunch was a list of movie quotes with Browns anecdotes filled in. Here are some of the good ones:

"Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this pathetic, losing Cleveland Browns team. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm fan emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest season since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny ******* Kaye. And when Romeo Crennel squeezes his fat ass down that CBS corridor next Sunday afternoon, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse. "

"I think you're all f***ed in the head. We're 6 days from the fing Bengals game and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer just being a fan. It's a quest. It's a quest for wins. I'm gonna win and you're gonna win. We're all gonna have so many fing wins we'll need plastic surgery to remove our goddamn smiles. You'll be whistling 'Cleveland Rocks' out of you're a-holes! Ahh. ha. ha. ha. I gotta be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see an elf. Praise the Brownie elf! Holy Sh*t!"

"Charlie, you're nothing to me now. You're not a quarterback, you're not a clipboard holder. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at the stadium, I don't want you near my practice facility. When you see our coach, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand?"

"Worse, How the hell can it get any worse. Look around you, We're at the threshold of hell."

"Caddyshack"
Cower: Whats your Record? (What did you shoot?-Smails)
Romeo: I don't coach for wins (I don't keep score-Tie Webb)
Cower: How do you measure yourself against other coaches?(How do you measure yourself against other golfers?-smails)
Romeo: By Weight(By Height-Tie Webb)"


"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue."Airplane

God I Love Browns Fans

No comments: