Saturday, October 06, 2007

Bird and Maxx Head Into The Lion's Den


Tomorrow, Bird and I will head to Gillette Stadium for the Browns v. Pats game! We're both stoked. Living in the northeast, it's not that often we get the chance to see the Browns play in person. Of course we're both wearing our Jersey's. Mine's a Quinn jersey and Bird will be wearing his Greg Pruitt jersey, I think. He was deciding between Bob Golic, Pruitt, Andra Davis or nothing...We're both interested to see the reaction we get with our Browns jersey's. Even my wife will be wearing her Jeff Garcia jersey (it was on sale for $5, and it was my number in high school...so I bought two! I'm sorry.) Most of all though I'm excited about being in the mix. I'm excited to see the Browns live so I can remember the smell, sound, and feel of the game when you're there. I've been watching the Browns in bars for as long as I can remember, often with no sound cause it's usually not the "popular game" at the bar. (whatever that means.) I'm ready for the jeers that are sure to come with a opposing teams jersey. Mostly, I'm just excited to be around the excitement of an NFL game. Even though I have the Browns to win in every pool I play (which is way against my best judgement) I've made peace with the fact that we're going to lose. I do hope we keep it close though. A 10 point loss, would be a moral victory for this team I think. And if we can score some points, I think we have a chance.....

No comments: